The Curdridge Reading Rooms offer a beautiful setting for you to celebrate your special day. Built in 1884, the hall provides Victorian charm coupled with modern facilities. The recreation ground is surrounded by a variety of native, mature trees and is ideal for taking beautiful photographs to help you remember your day.
The building has a main hall, which includes a stage area from which leads the main kitchen and toilet facilities. In addition there are two smaller rooms, a small kitchen and separate toilet facilities which provide good flexibility when arranging a large function. The main hall can seat 80 people in a formal layout and the maximum occupation for the whole building is 120 people.
The hall is fully equipped with tables, chairs, white crockery, cutlery, glasses. We also have white tablecloths available to hire if required. The Reading Rooms has a full alcohol licence which the hirer may use at a cost of £25. All events must stop at midnight to comply with the licensing laws.
Click HERE for some pictures of recent weddings.
Outside there is a large car park and grass area which can also be used to site a hired marquee if desired. There is a children’s play area alongside the building. A recycling facility is available in the car park for glass.
The hire charges for a standard booking are £460 for non residents of the village and £385 for local residents.
This charge includes:
- The hire of the building for the whole of Saturday and until 4pm Sunday.
- The use of all equipment in the kitchen
- A requirement that the building is left clean and tidy and all rubbish is removed from the site
The following additional facilities may be available at extra cost;
- The hire of the building on the preceding Friday from 4pm for set up at a cost of £160 for non residents and £132 for village residents.
- Should you wish to hire and erect a marquee to provide additional covered space there will be a charge of £110 in addition to any charges from the marquee company
- A contractor to clean the building on your behalf for which you will pay them direct.
Deposit and Payment
Upon receipt of a deposit of £200 the booking will be confirmed and the hall reserved for your use.
Cancellation charges apply as follows:
- On cancelling more than three months prior to the event a charge of 25% will be levied to cover our administration costs meaning that we will refund £150 of the deposit
- On cancelling between two and three months prior to the event a charge of 50% will be levied meaning that we will refund £100 of the deposit
- On cancelling between one and two months prior to the event a charge of 75% will be levied meaning that we will refund £50 of the deposit
- Cancelling with one month or less prior to the event will mean that the whole of the deposit is forfeited
Payment of the full hire fee is payable one month prior to the event and is fully refundable if the event is cancelled.
After the event the deposit will be fully refunded within one month provided that the building is left in a clean and tidy condition and there are no breakages.
Bookings made with less than 4 weeks notice (subject to availability) will require the payment of both the deposit and full hire fee at the time of booking.
For more information:
A booking form is available by clicking HERE
If you need any more information, or wish to discuss your requirements in more detail, please contact the Facilities Co-ordinator on 07704 208703 or email@example.com